We made it to Gambell!!!


Wednesday, November 2, 2011



Hey There! Derek here-

We have been staying warm, drinking tea, playing with Luna, and reading plenty.


I thought everybody would like to see Lacy and I outside in the weather, High twenties and super windy. Snowing more and more everyday. The whales are incredibly close to shore, and sea lions are following them around. Everybody is going after the sardines or the plankton; I swear it’s all right out of Planet Earth. I use my best David Attenborough when we watch all the animals feasting.  This happens thirty feet from the beach.






Thanks For the Packages! Mom and Dad –Gries   and Mom and Dad Buck.

We love them, everybody was jealous of our pumpkin (it tastes great).   And our Buck snacks keep us happy when we get home. 

Pulled Pork, pumpkin, next to rice










Looking North

South

Frozen Lake
I throw the stick on the ice-video:
http://youtu.be/sIpGlRbdcyc

Lacy Baby,,,,,.,.,.,., She's there,., under six or so Layers

Video of the beach on a super windy day...so how it is every day...




Ohh yeah, Wild Pomeranian dogs are hilarious. Their fur grows huge and ratty, Lacy and I will try to snap a picture of one.




A parent jamming some blues on my axe

Whale at supper
Awesome whale video! We are standing just off shore, the water gets so deep super quickly...





Random Question- Why don’t crows get cold?  We have massive crows here; apparently they stay all year too. Don’t they get cold!?







Lacy has been voted Miss. Gambell!!!!!!  She's so pretty

Our Christmas card




Leave comments !!! They make us smile :) 

3 comments:

  1. And I thought I was cold... I guess I can't complain since it is only 43 degrees in Portland.

    Thanks for keeping your blog so up-to-date. I really enjoy reading about Gambell and the community you are a part of there. I am taking some inter-cultural classes for the ESL endorsement and I keep thinking about you guys and the amazing work you are doing. I am also happy to see that Luna is doing well! If there is ever anything you need for her (flea drops etc.) let me know. I might be able to get it cheap through Jarod's work and send it to you.

    :)
    Heather Gerlt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys! You're so brave. and cute. I love checking out all of the updates. What an adventure. Lacy Buck, I went to Regis and Kelly! He only had 19 more shows. I thought of you the whole time and got you a pen as a souvenir. Take good care of eachother. Stay safe and warm. Miss you and love you sooooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you two weren't hit with a flood! Wild Pomeranian Dogs Brothers???? Ha! Please snap a photo. I am happy you two introduced your student to a cat. How great! I'm SO excited to see you two over Christmas! We need to Skype soon and talk about a few dates. LOVE YOU BOTH SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

    Sherb says "Maeh".

    ReplyDelete