We made it to Gambell!!!


Monday, November 28, 2011

Hood River Middle School

Just before Thanksgiving we received a package from Hood River Middle School, the amazing school I worked at last year and hopefully again in the near future:)

It was filled with awesome gifts from the staff and lots of letters from the students ! It was incredible opening the box and finding wonderful presents from so many fantastic Hood River-ians !
HRMS is amazing!!!!!!!!!


Thanks so much to everyone for all these terrific gifts:


- Dried Jonagold Apples! I don't know who those were from, but they were gone by the time we had looked through everything in the box:)


we obviously didn't share them with Luna, but she also enjoyed the smell of them:)


- The dream catcher from Alison - thank you thank you thank you!
the dream catcher is now hanging above our bed:)


- the plethora of teas from Oregon (e.g. Hood River Marionberry, Wild Blackberry, etc.) we love it !

- Chai Tea/Chai Tea with pumpkin spice - definitely drank that for Thanksgiving:) delicious!

- Soap and Smartwool Socks from Mary Jensen ! Thank you so much! the socks are awesome and are perfect up here, and the soap smells so good!!!!



- Laurel, your cookies are amazing and I've eaten so many already ! Good luck to your husband sailing this summer ! Congrats on your brand new granddaughter !
chocolate chip with walnuts:) I was trying to smile with my eyebrows the way the kids do, but I look more frightened by how delicious the cookies are:)

I can't stop...
- Poppycock - also an item that didn't last more than 2 minutes


- Canned Pears ! Brent these are the best pears we have ever eaten ! inspires us to get a farm, grow pears, and can them ! It's a perfect gift:)

we had a tough time getting them open:/

best pears we've ever had!
 - The Northwest FRESH: Butter Toffee Almond snacks, Volcano snack mix, Dried Kiwis, and Cherry Creek treats are so wonderful ! Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!  The Cherry Creek is so good in oatmeal ! with the pears!




- Luna has a fan club ! She is sooooo in love with the Garden Indoor Adventures, I think there has to be catnip in it...


- The Hood River Marionberry Jam - puts us right back at home:) Thank you!!!

- The canned jam and pickled green beans are so good Patsy ! Thank you! When I saw your card, I said, "that looks like a Patsy card !" I totally called it ! Thanks for the book too ! Derek spilled vinegar all over himself:)

-sunflower seeds are a great snack! Derek especially loves them:)



- Arkansas crystals! I am going to guess these are from Sue...??? Thanks! They spark lots of conversations with the other staff up here:) Derek is excited to show his first graders


- The Lindt Dark Chocolate !!! These are my favorite ! Thank you !!!! I love them, trying to make them last

Rose - you are amazing and such a kind-hearted person! I miss you so much ! You say such nice things, your cards make me blush. Thanks for putting this together and thinking of us in Gambell. It is cold up here, a little too cold for us too. We're really looking forward to being back in Hood River - job or not! I love you all and miss you so much !!! Your package put me right back at home, exactly what I needed:) Your efforts this Thanksgiving gave us so much to be thankful for !!! 
Thanks Rose and to everyone else for being such incredibly nice and giving people !! 



The students letters were so wonderful and I loved getting updates on their new schedules and improved Lexile scores ! So cute, they almost had me in tears! Thanks to all the students who wrote to me:

Max - so proud of you how you keep raising your Lexile score, keep up the hard work! I'm so happy you worked hard and moved up in math!

Rain - There aren't any trees, its very depressing without them, I will definitely be giving the trees hugs when I get home:)

Sandra - your haircut looks very nice in your picture you drew, welcome back to Hood River!

Isaias - you remembered so much detail about last year - so impressed, Derek will definitely get a 16 oz. next time. Good luck with your butterflies, I appreciated the update, just be yourself:) Glad you enjoy 8th grade, you're going to do great as a freshmen too - you're growing up so fast !

Cassandra - It is very cold here, -18 degrees F yesterday, I loved being there for you last year, I hope to be in your life again soon, back in Hood River. Continue to work hard in school! Derek also loved his letter you wrote, he said that he loved coming to our class and meeting all of you, and definitely wants to come back again, hopefully more permanently:)

Kenya - it was great hearing from you. I'm glad you are trying your hardest in Language! and happy your Lexile has gone up ! Good job in math! Keep it up!

Chris - you're right, Alaska would be way more fun if you were here:) Great to hear from you, happy you're doing well in school, hopefully I will get to be your teacher again:)

Brallan - I was so impressed with your lengthy letter ! Thats so wonderful how high you got your Lexile up! I'm so happy you like 8th grade! I bet you're a wonderful big brother ! I'm so happy you liked our letters last year.

Secilia - I like Alaska, but I miss the trees, students, and staff in Hood River A LOT! It is very cold here, but it is fun getting super bundled up:)

Kaylee - I'm happy you and all the students really enjoy Ms. Lynaugh, Ms Tarzin, and Ms Perkins! They ARE super nice, I agree with you:) I'm glad you like your haircut! I like my job alright, its stressful, but I'm learning a lot. See you soon!

Salomon - Way to go on your Lexile score!!!!!! See all your hard work and working with Ms Lynaugh and Ms. McNulty really paid off! Good job buddy !!!

After opening our package, Derek was running around to all the staff members here telling them how wonderful Hood River is and about the amazing package, gifts and letters you all sent us!! We totally think you are the greatest and we are so thankful for all your generousity!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo I'm checking your website all the time and hoping something comes up in the spring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment